Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 17-°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup water, broth, butter-flavored sprinkles, lemon juice and bouillon; add to skillet.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in capers and olive oil. Return chicken to pan; turn to coat. Serve chicken with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 213 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce
"This is a very good recipe. Will definitely do this again. The lemon and capers really made this recipe."
"quick and easy! The family loved it. I used butter instead of butter sprinkles"
"Very good. I didn't use butter sprinkles, I just added melted butter to the recipe."
"O' my!!! Hubby loves capers and anything lemony.... this is a perfect recipe!!! Very very good!"
"I really like capers, so I had to try this recipe. It was very good! I've never heard of butter-flavored sprinkles so I used a tablespoon of butter -- the sauce was very silky. My entire family gave this recipe two thumbs up! I served it with aspargus, brown rice and mushrooms. Yummy dinner."
"Even my picky small children loved this, sauce and all!"
"what are butter-flavored sprinkles?"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.