Chicken with Leek Sauce Recipe
This entrée, with its rich, creamy and elegant sauce was sent in from Vicki Atkinson of Kamas, Utah.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons leek soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, paprika and pepper. Add chicken, two pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring soup mix and water to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and chives. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 249 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Leek Sauce
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2013
"Simple, yet very tasty!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC