Chicken with Leek Sauce Recipe
This entrée, with its rich, creamy and elegant sauce was sent in from Vicki Atkinson of Kamas, Utah.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons leek soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, paprika and pepper. Add chicken, two pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring soup mix and water to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and chives. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 249 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Chicken with Leek Sauce
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2013
"Simple, yet very tasty!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC