Chicken with Herbs Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 pound red potatoes, halved
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a greased roasting pan. Combine water, bouillon, thyme, marjoram, and lemon-pepper; pour over chicken. Arrange potatoes, onions and carrots around chicken.
- 2. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear, basting once. Let chicken stand 5-10 minutes before carving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 566 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 52g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Herbs
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.