Chicken with Herb Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper; flatten evenly with a mallet. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil; brown chicken over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Stir broth, chives, parsley, lime juice, basil, mustard and remaining butter and oil into drippings; cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 237 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Herb Sauce
"Yes, double the sauce, half broth and half white wine. Fresh basil a must. I left out salt. It was great!"
"This was good. I butterflied the chicken breast and double the sauce, per reviews. I will cut back on the mustard since I did not get much herb flavor. I served it over couscous."
"Yummy and easy to make! Served it with noodles."
"Delicious! I have picky eaters and they all loved it. Will definitely make it again! Next time I will put over pasta and double the sauce. Also added wine and garlic."
"Was delicious! My whole family enjoyed it and have asked for it again. I did make one change to the recipe by submitting spicy brown mustard for the Dijon. It was delicious."
"Excellent and fast. It's a keeper!"
"I added a tbsp of wine to the sauce... it was delicious."
"Fast easy and a nice change, I made myself a note to be light on the salt because of the broth. Next time I will try white wine in place of broth. Great recipe"
"I followed the recipe as written but made it for two and kept the sauce for four. I made a bed of fettuccine and placed the chicken on top pouring the reduced sauce over both. This is a keeper.The recipe is great as is but next time I will add a clove of garlic (chopped) to the pan after browning the chicken. Maybe deglaze the pan with a dry white wine and reduce until almost evaporated. Then continue with the herbs and liquid as written."
"Super easy and good, family really liked it, I will definately turn to this again for a quick and easy meal"
"Very yummy!!! Almost tastes like a dish I had in a restaurant!"
"I cut it in half to make it for two. It was good."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.