Chicken with Herb Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper; flatten evenly with a mallet. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil; brown chicken over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Stir broth, chives, parsley, lime juice, basil, mustard and remaining butter and oil into drippings; cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 237 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Chicken with Herb Sauce
"Yes, double the sauce, half broth and half white wine. Fresh basil a must. I left out salt. It was great!"
"This was good. I butterflied the chicken breast and double the sauce, per reviews. I will cut back on the mustard since I did not get much herb flavor. I served it over couscous."
"Yummy and easy to make! Served it with noodles."
"Delicious! I have picky eaters and they all loved it. Will definitely make it again! Next time I will put over pasta and double the sauce. Also added wine and garlic."
"Was delicious! My whole family enjoyed it and have asked for it again. I did make one change to the recipe by submitting spicy brown mustard for the Dijon. It was delicious."
"Excellent and fast. It's a keeper!"
"I added a tbsp of wine to the sauce... it was delicious."
"Fast easy and a nice change, I made myself a note to be light on the salt because of the broth. Next time I will try white wine in place of broth. Great recipe"
"I followed the recipe as written but made it for two and kept the sauce for four. I made a bed of fettuccine and placed the chicken on top pouring the reduced sauce over both. This is a keeper.The recipe is great as is but next time I will add a clove of garlic (chopped) to the pan after browning the chicken. Maybe deglaze the pan with a dry white wine and reduce until almost evaporated. Then continue with the herbs and liquid as written."
"Super easy and good, family really liked it, I will definately turn to this again for a quick and easy meal"
"Very yummy!!! Almost tastes like a dish I had in a restaurant!"
"I cut it in half to make it for two. It was good."
"I didn't have chicken broth so use 1/2can cr of chicken soup and a little water. Also did not have dijon so used a squirt of reg mustard. Didn't have chives or parsley. It turned out good anyway. Will make it correctly next time and I'm sure it will be awesome."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.