Chicken with Green Chili Sauce Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, water, chilies and lemon juice. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce and 1/2 cup rice equals 332 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Chicken with Green Chili Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.