What an easy, flavorful dish! Lemon adds tang, Cajun seasoning brings a kick and sour cream cools it all down. —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, water, chilies and lemon juice. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Green Chili Sauce in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p63
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Green Chili Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review