Life can be pretty busy on our dairy farm. So I favor foods that I can put on the table in no time. This dish is a hit at our house, even with our toddlers.
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh pea pods
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sliced almonds, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside. In remaining oil, stir-fry broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, pea pod and onions for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to skillet. Combine mayonnaise, broth, garlic, soy sauce and ginger; add to skillet. Reduce heat and cook until heated through. Serve over rice and sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Ginger Sauce in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p40
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Ginger Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review