- begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine or broth; bring to a
- boil. Boil until wine is reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Boil until broth is reduced
- by half, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Combine butter and remaining flour; whisk into skillet. Return to
- heat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce
- thickens. Serve warm over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 5 tablespoons sauce equals 339 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 774 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.