Chicken with Garlic Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or .4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 20 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute the garlic, onion and red pepper flakes in remaining oil until onion is tender and garlic begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine or broth; bring to a boil. Boil until wine is reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Boil until broth is reduced by half, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 4. Combine butter and remaining flour; whisk into skillet. Return to heat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve warm over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 339 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 774mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Chicken with Garlic Sauce
"This chicken is amazing! It's easy and flavor-filled. I made one change: I used 9-10 garlic cloves, minced instead of sliced. I think that evened the flavor out better. The rosemary gives a unique flavor that some may not like, but I did!Oh, and I had no sage, so I omitted it, and it was fine"
"We really didn't seem to enjoy this recipe. Even though it had so much garlic, you couldn't really get a garlic taste without biting into one of the slices of garlic. It seemed kind of plain. Perhaps if the garlic were roasted, it would make a difference. Made a very pretty presentation, however."
"loved it. Made it with pinot grigio, delicious!!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.