- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 slices Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, garlic salt and pepper. Set aside 5 tablespoons. Pour remaining lime juice mixture into a resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and turn to coat; let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the corn, tomato, pepper, green onion, cumin and 3 tablespoons reserved lime juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting twice with remaining lime juice mixture.
- Top with cheese; grill or broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Garden Salsa
"Nice flavor. I didn't use as much lime juice as it called for."
"I really enjoyed this recipe! My husband said there was a little too much of a lime taste, but I loved it. I guess it's more of a personal preference."
"Thanks for a great, quick, easy recipe. The lime kind of tenderises the chicken so it cooks up brilliantly without becoming dry and tough."