Chicken with Garden Salsa for Two Recipe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 green onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 slice Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, garlic salt and pepper. Set aside 3 tablespoons. Pour remaining lime juice mixture into a resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and turn to coat; let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the corn, tomato, pepper, green onion, cumin and 2 tablespoons reserved lime juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting twice with remaining lime juice mixture.
- Top with cheese; grill or broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Garden Salsa for Two in Healthy Cooking
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Garden Salsa for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2009
My husband and I loved this recipe. The fresh ingredients complimented the lime juice and chicken perfectly.