Chicken with Florentine Sauce Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Gradually add flour and salt; stir in milk and sherry or broth until blended.
- 4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach and pimientos; heat through.
- 5. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream until blended. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.