- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter and oil; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add basil, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. stir in broth, cream, parsley an tomatoes. Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Arrange chicken over fettuccine; serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Fettuccine
"I made this for dinner last night, it was really good :o) I don't care for tomatoes so added broccoli instead. I also added a little lemon juice and white wine."
"This was scrumptious! Added more tomato and basil and more cream to make it creamier. But the flavor was excellent. Restaurant quality dish."
"What a great recipe! My whole family including teenage boys loved it!"
"This dish was awesome!! I made it for a weeknight dish, and it was a hit with adults and kids. It would be pretty enough to serve for guests."