Chicken with Dilly Ham Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup julienned fully cooked ham (1/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Parsley buttered potatoes, optional
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and 1/4 cup cheese; set aside. Pound each chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Brush both sides with mustard; coat evenly with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute ham in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in flour until blended and bubbly. Add the cream, dill and remaining cheese; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Spoon over chicken. Serve with parsley buttered potatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 546 calories, 37 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 177 mg cholesterol, 1,265 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Dilly Ham Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.