Chicken with Dilly Ham Sauce Recipe
Whether you're preparing a weekday meal or entertaining weekend company, this delicious chicken dish is sure to please. The mustard adds a little "zip", and the ham sauce is a tasty way to top it off.
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup julienned fully cooked ham (1/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Parsley buttered potatoes, optional
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and 1/4 cup cheese; set aside. Pound each chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Brush both sides with mustard; coat evenly with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute ham in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in flour until blended and bubbly. Add the cream, dill and remaining cheese; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Spoon over chicken. Serve with parsley buttered potatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Dilly Ham Sauce in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Dilly Ham Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >