Chicken with Curry Dill Sauce
This is one of my family's favorite recipes. Whenever I make chicken, this is the only way everyone wants it. It's so good and also easy to make.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add the flour, salt and
- pepper; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk and bring to a boil.
- Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the
- mayonnaise, dill and curry; stir until smooth. Set aside. In a
- skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Place in a greased
- shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 330 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein.