Chicken with Curry Dill Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add the flour, salt and pepper; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk and bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the mayonnaise, dill and curry; stir until smooth. Set aside. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Place in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken with Curry Dill Sauce(5)
Sort By :
I didn't care for the sauce. I thought I would've liked it as I like both dill weed & curry, but I thought it was kind of blah.
this was absolutely delicious!
You need to quadruple the sauce on this recipe. It's so good. Everyone puts in on their mashed potatoes. We love this recipe!!!!
The family loved it. I would add a little more curry powder. I will definately make this again.
I've made this many times. It's very easy, and I always have the ingredients on hand. Makes a very tasty meal the whole family loves.