This is one of my family's favorite recipes. Whenever I make chicken, this is the only way everyone wants it. It's so good and also easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add the flour, salt and pepper; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk and bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the mayonnaise, dill and curry; stir until smooth. Set aside. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Place in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Curry Dill Sauce in Country Extra May 1998, p51
Reviews for Chicken with Curry Dill Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review