Chicken with Cucumbers Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Remove chicken and set aside. To drippings, add mushrooms and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Stir in flour until mushrooms are coated. Gradually add water and bouillon; cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
- 2. Return chicken to the skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, slice one cucumber into thin slices; set aside. Peel remaining cucumber; slice in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut into 1-in. chunks. Add to skillet and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. Stir sour cream into sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with reserved cucumber slices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 442 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein .
Reviews for Chicken with Cucumbers
"Love chicken. Love Cucumbers. Love this recipe."
"Enjoyed it!! Easy to make."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.