Chicken with Cucumber Sauce Recipe
I've served this chicken to nearly all our friends and relatives, and it's been met with many "Mmmms!" I sometimes prepare extra sauce to serve over steamed fresh carrots.
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning, optional
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, mustard, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and seafood seasoning if desired. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; cook over low heat until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 335 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Chicken with Cucumber Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC