Chicken with Creamy Jalapeno Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- 2. Add the onions, broth, jalapenos and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. Stir cream cheese and sour cream into onion mixture until blended. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups sauce).
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup rice equals 376 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chicken with Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.