Chicken with Creamy Jalapeno Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 ounces PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread, cubed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Add the onions, broth, jalapenos and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir cream cheese and sour cream into onion mixture until blended. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Creamy Jalapeno Sauce(4)
Sort By :
Fantastic creamy, colorful sauce, super easy and fast to make.
My family can't take a lot of heat (spicy heat) so I used fired roasted poblano pepper in stead of jalapeños. The pepper added good chili taste as well as a little smoky flavor to the dish and it was fantastic.
I've made this recipe a couple times now and appreciate how easy it is to prepare. I double the chicken broth and add extra cream cheese. I usually use fresh roma tomatoes as directed, but one time I didn't have them on hand and used petite diced tomatoes from a can instead, and it was just as good. I usually serve with a baked potato instead of rice. Very yummy! Update - by using 1 cup broth & 4 oz cream cheese, there is plenty of sauce for 6 medium size chicken breast halves. I return the chicken to the pan at the end to heat through.
I used two jalapenos and the sauce was not very hot. I will add another one the next time I make it. This recipe reminded me of green enchiladas. You could probably cook this in a crock pot all day and just add the cream cheese and sour cream before serving. I did not add the tomatoes since my family does not eat them.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >