- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Add the onions, broth, jalapenos and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir cream cheese and sour cream into onion mixture until blended. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups sauce).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
Sort By :
"Very good recipe! I make it all the time with any kind of meat!"
"This was absolutely delicious! I was out of cumin and used Cajun seasoning. I also slightly pounded out the chicken so it cooked evenly. I will definitely be making this again."
"Pretty good. Sauce turned out a bit runny.. While we liked it ok, I am not sure I feel positively enough about it to make it again."
"This recipe has great flavor. We would add another jalapeno or different type of pepper to jack the heat up next time. I ran out of sour cream, so I just added a touch of milk to smooth out the sauce and it was delicious!"
"Fantastic creamy, colorful sauce, super easy and fast to make."