- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 reduced-fat evaporated milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Stir in the broth, tarragon, pepper and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add apples and reserved chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk until smooth; stir in remaining milk. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken with Creamy Apple-Mushroom Sauce
Sort By :
LOVED LOVED LOVED this! I served it over couscous with steamed green beans....definitely a "menu regular"!