- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 reduced-fat evaporated milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Stir in the broth, tarragon, pepper and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add apples and reserved chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk until smooth; stir in remaining milk. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Creamy Apple-Mushroom Sauce in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Creamy Apple-Mushroom Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2011
LOVED LOVED LOVED this! I served it over couscous with steamed green beans....definitely a "menu regular"!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >