The cream cheese adds richness and wonderful flavor to the sauce in this recipe. The almonds sprinkled over the finished dish are a nice touch.—Julie Quail, Orion, Michigan
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Brush chicken with melted butter; sprinkle with dressing mix, salt and pepper. Pour 1/4 cup broth into a 5-qt. slow cooker; add chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm. Reserve 3/4 cup cooking juices; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in the soup, cooking juices, garlic and remaining broth; heat through. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve with chicken and rice; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Cream Cheese Sauce in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Cream Cheese Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review