Moist golden chicken breasts are dressed up for the holidays in this special dish from field editor Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah. Perched on a bed of sauteed spinach, the chicken is topped with a tangy cranberry, orange and pecan sauce.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; place in the bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 3 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add cranberries and orange juice to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the berries begin to pop. Add brown sugar and orange peel; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pecans; remove from the heat.
- In another skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the spinach; saute for 1 minute or until spinach begins to wilt. Place spinach on serving plates; top with the chicken and cranberry sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Festive Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p22
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Cranberry-Orange-Pecan Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review