Chicken with Cranberry-Hoisin Sauce Recipe
“My husband and I have high cholesterol, so I’ve been trying to lighten recipes to meet our needs,” explains Mary Lou Foley of London, Ontario. “This main course is so good, even my two small grandsons come back for more!”
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°:. Remove and keep warm.
- Reserve 1/3 cup pineapple and 1/3 cup pineapple juice (save remainder for another use). In the skillet, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic, pepper sauce and reserved pineapple juice.
- Stir in the cranberries and reserved pineapple. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Chicken with Cranberry-Hoisin Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p29
Reviews for Chicken with Cranberry-Hoisin Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2009
The sauce is very good and flavorful. I flattened the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness and they cooked up well (5min per side).
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Sauce Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >