Chicken with Cranberry-Hoisin Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°:. Remove and keep warm.
- Reserve 1/3 cup pineapple and 1/3 cup pineapple juice (save remainder for another use). In the skillet, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic, pepper sauce and reserved pineapple juice.
- Stir in the cranberries and reserved pineapple. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Chicken with Cranberry-Hoisin Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p29
Reviews for Chicken with Cranberry-Hoisin Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2009
The sauce is very good and flavorful. I flattened the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness and they cooked up well (5min per side).
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Sauce Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >