Chicken with Cranberry Compote Recipe
Everyone always said this chicken was a winner, and I guess they were right. I became a finalist in a national chicken cooking contest after submitting this recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. Place chicken in a large shallow bowl. Combine the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Meanwhile, place cranberries in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3. In a small saucepan, saute celery and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium. Drain cranberries; add to saucepan with apple. Stir in the cranberry juice, apple juice and vinegar. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in coriander and allspice. Cover and keep warm.
- 4. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; turn. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook 10 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Serve chicken with cranberry compote. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken with Cranberry Compote
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC