Chicken with Cranberry-Balsamic Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Add the cranberry juice, vinegar, cranberry sauce and shallot to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in butter and remaining salt until butter is melted. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken with Cranberry-Balsamic Sauce(3)
Sort By :
WAY too much salt...tastes just as good without all the sodium!
Question for using this recipe on pork loin. Do you bake it whole or cut it into medallions and brown them first like you would the chicken?
I use pork tenderloin instead of the chicken and it was wonderful. Everyone was very impressed and I will make it again. Next time I may even try it with the chicken but the pork was sooo good!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >