Chicken with Cranberries
When cranberries are in season, I like to stock the freezer so I can serve this dish year-round. The sauce's tangy flavor complements the chicken very well.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge the
- chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter until browned on
- both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the cranberries, water, brown sugar,
- vinegar and nutmeg; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Place chicken on
- top; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. To serve, spoon cranberry
- mixture over chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 222 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.