Chicken with Cranberries Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge the chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter until browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the cranberries, water, brown sugar, vinegar and nutmeg; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Place chicken on top; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. To serve, spoon cranberry mixture over chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 222 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Cranberries
"Absolutely fantastic......I didn't change a thing!!"
"I made this recipe as written, using fresh cranberries, and my husband and I enjoyed it. For my preferences, I might use slightly less flour, butter, and brown sugar next. But, all in all, a tasty meal - great for a family dinner or a casual meal with friends."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.