Chicken with Couscous Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 package (5.8 ounces) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the broccoli, contents of the couscous seasoning packet, water and 1 teaspoon oil. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the lemon juice, garlic and oregano; rub over chicken. In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Stir tomato into the couscous; serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Couscous
Sort By :
"my favorite recipe, although I did make changes by not using some ingredients and adding some of my own, but I love it."
"This recipe was really good and really quick and easy! I used frozen broccoli and cooked separately according to the package. I also used plain couscous because that is what I had. I made the couscous with chicken broth instead of water for a little more flavor. I left out the tomato, and also added some "hot chopped pepper" that I have a jar of. I cut the chicken into cubes before adding to the skillet, to make it easier... then I combined everthing. It was really good!"
"The whole family liked it. It is great to make on a hot day when I don't want to use the oven."