“My sister shared this recipe with me, and it’s been a hit with me, my husband and our friends ever since,” relates Shari Ruffalo from Watertown, New York. “After working all day, I find this dish is fast to prepare. Plus, it tastes great.”
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 package (5.8 ounces) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the broccoli, contents of the couscous seasoning packet, water and 1 teaspoon oil. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the lemon juice, garlic and oregano; rub over chicken. In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Stir tomato into the couscous; serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Couscous in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review