Chicken with Country Gravy Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash each seasoned salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- Place butter and oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Place in a 425° oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine flour and seasonings; add chicken, one piece at a time, and turn to coat.
- Carefully place chicken, skin side down, in hot skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Remove and keep warm.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon of drippings from the skillet to a small saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Country Gravy in Reminisce Extra January 2008, p52
Reviews for Chicken with Country Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2014
"Quick and easy recipe, full of flavor. There was not quite enough drippings for the gravy; however, butter was an easy substitution."
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2012
"I made this recipe for 4 servings and my family wanted more :)Going to make this recipe again without a doubt."
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2009
"THIS IS A VERY EASY AND TASTY RECIPE!!!!!"