- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash each seasoned salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- Place butter and oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Place in a 425° oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine flour and seasonings; add chicken, one piece at a time, and turn to coat.
- Carefully place chicken, skin side down, in hot skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Remove and keep warm.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon of drippings from the skillet to a small saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chicken with Country Gravy
"Fabulous! I omitted the gravy just to cut down on fat and calories. I also did not have any cornflakes on hand, so I used crunched up ritz crackers. The chicken turned out moist and delicious!"
"Quick and easy recipe, full of flavor. There was not quite enough drippings for the gravy; however, butter was an easy substitution."
"I made this recipe for 4 servings and my family wanted more :)Going to make this recipe again without a doubt."
"THIS IS A VERY EASY AND TASTY RECIPE!!!!!"