Simple and convenient, I can easily bake this for us in our motor home's toaster oven. Even though it's quick, it tastes like a Thanksgiving dinner. We like it with sweet potatoes.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn bread stuffing, divided
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Finely crush 1/4 cup corn bread stuffing; place in a shallow bowl. Coat chicken with crumbs; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute apple and onions in oil until tender. Stir in celery seed and remaining corn bread stuffing. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, shape stuffing mixture into two oval mounds. Top each with a chicken breast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Corn Bread Stuffing in Reminisce December/January 2012, p52
Reviews for Chicken with Corn Bread Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review