Topped with tart citrus and sweet honey salsa, this tender grilled chicken is an attractive entree. The mouthwatering recipe comes from Molly Slosson of Westport, Washington.—Molly Slosson, Westport, Washington
- 1 cup pink grapefruit sections
- 2/3 cup orange sections
- 1/2 medium lemon, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash onion powder
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash dried oregano
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the grapefruit, orange and lemon. Combine the cilantro, lime juice, honey, lime peel and cayenne; stir into fruit mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and oregano; sprinkle over chicken.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Citrus Salsa in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p63
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Citrus Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review