- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- CHIMICHURRI SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk water, salt, honey and peels until salt is dissolved. Add chicken, making sure it's submerged. Refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Pulse sauce ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce for serving.
- Remove chicken; rinse and pat dry. Brush chicken with remaining sauce. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes on each side. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Citrus Chimichurri Sauce
"AWESOME AWESOME RECIPE!!!!!"
"I trimmed this down for just one, using one half chicken breast, but I made the whole batch of the chimichurri sauce.. I will find other uses for it. So good. Excellent flavor. Like others, I did this in the broiler of my oven with good success."
"This dish was well received by my family and company. I did pound my chicken so it was even and would cook evenly. It was beautifully moist with great flavor after grilling. I did not have Kosher salt so I used sea salt with great results. I felt the chimichurri sauce needed a tad more salt so I added about 1/4 teaspoon more. The sauce gives a fresh flavor to the dish. Definitely a keeper."
"Delicious and moist. I broiled my chicken. It was larger than 6 oz, so I had to broil longer. My husband loved it and it was good as leftovers. I didn't have Kosher salt, so I just used 3T of table salt instead."