Chicken with Chive Sauce Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup minced chives
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Saute mushrooms and chives in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour. Gradually whisk in the broth until blended. Stir in the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Return chicken to the pan; turn to coat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 323 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Chicken with Chive Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.