- 1 pound fresh or frozen pitted sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Set aside 3/4 cup cherries. In a blender, combine orange juice and remaining cherries; cover and process until smooth. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, garlic and ginger; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken on all sides in butter. Place chicken skin side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cherry sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; turn chicken. Top with reserved cherries. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Cherry Sauce
Sort By :
I made this to go over ham steak slices. I combined all of the ingredients in a saucepan on the stove & cooked it on simmer until the cherries were soft. It was excellent! Will definitely make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >