This tender moist chicken bakes in a savory sauce that combines cherries with soy sauce, orange juice and ginger. It's sure to be a big hit at your house like it is at mine. -Linda Grubb, Poland, Indiana
- 1 pound fresh or frozen pitted sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Set aside 3/4 cup cherries. In a blender, combine orange juice and remaining cherries; cover and process until smooth. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, garlic and ginger; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken on all sides in butter. Place chicken skin side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cherry sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; turn chicken. Top with reserved cherries. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Cherry Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Cherry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review