Chicken with Cherry Pineapple Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and ginger. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine the sauce, cherries and reserved juice; pour over chicken.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning chicken once. Stir in pineapple and onions; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with about 1/4 cup sauce equals 238 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken with Cherry Pineapple Sauce
"I have been doing new recipes every day of the new year and so far this has been the best. I put it over some brown rice with green beans. Yummy!!!"
"Easy recipe to prepare. Instead of breast halves, we cut the chicken into bite size pieces. The flavor was *amazing*. Even the kids (11 & 14) said it needed to become a regular on the menu rotation! Excellent!!!"
"I made this but used fresh black cherries and it was simple to make and very tasty. The meal was well received by my family. I didn't have quite enough sweet and sour sauce so made up the difference with orange marmalade."
"Very tasty. Sweet & fresh. Easy to prepare. Will make again."
"loved it was real easy to make and tasted great.will make it again"
"Super easy to prepare and was delicious"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.