Chicken with Cherry Pineapple Sauce
Sweet and colorful, this tender, lower-fat chicken dish is simply fantastic! The quick prep time, fresh flavors, cherries and chunks of pineapple will make it a family favorite in no time. —Sally Maloney, Dallas, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and ginger. In a large nonstick
- skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine
- the sauce, cherries and reserved juice; pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning chicken once. Stir
- in pineapple and onions; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with about 1/4 cup sauce equals 238 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch,