Chicken with Cherry Pineapple Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and ginger. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine the sauce, cherries and reserved juice; pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning chicken once. Stir in pineapple and onions; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Cherry Pineapple Sauce(6)
Sort By :
I have been doing new recipes every day of the new year and so far this has been the best. I put it over some brown rice with green beans. Yummy!!!
Easy recipe to prepare. Instead of breast halves, we cut the chicken into bite size pieces. The flavor was *amazing*. Even the kids (11 & 14) said it needed to become a regular on the menu rotation! Excellent!!!
I made this but used fresh black cherries and it was simple to make and very tasty. The meal was well received by my family. I didn't have quite enough sweet and sour sauce so made up the difference with orange marmalade.
Very tasty. Sweet & fresh. Easy to prepare. Will make again.
loved it was real easy to make and tasted great.will make it again
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >