Sweet and colorful, this tender, lower-fat chicken dish is simply fantastic! The quick prep time, fresh flavors, cherries and chunks of pineapple will make it a family favorite in no time. —Sally Maloney, Dallas, Georgia
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and ginger. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine the sauce, cherries and reserved juice; pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning chicken once. Stir in pineapple and onions; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Cherry Pineapple Sauce in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p63
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Cherry Pineapple Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review