“There’s nothing timid about the flavors in this Southwestern-style entree,” writes Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. “Prepared on the grill or broiled, it’s a fast, fun meal for a busy weeknight or a weekend get-together with friends.”
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; refrigerate until serving. Combine the brown sugar, pepper sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper; rub over both sides of chicken.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Black Bean Salsa in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p6
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Black Bean Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review