Chicken with Berry Wine Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup merlot or red grape juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, raspberries, merlot and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Serve with berry sauce; garnish with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 251 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Chicken with Berry Wine Sauce
"This was absolutely delicious! So simple and easy to make."
"I didn't have any raspberries so I used fresh blueberries. It was absolutely delicious!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.