Chicken with Beans and Potatoes
This all-in-one entree is great to make when your afternoon is going to be busy. The veggies and a little onion soup mix give the broth lots of flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken
- in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a 5 or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer the green beans, potatoes,
- mushrooms and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over vegetables. Top with chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender.