- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a 5 or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer the green beans, potatoes, mushrooms and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. Top with chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Chicken with Beans and Potatoes
Sort By :
I was worried about the chichen cubes being too dry, so I sprinkled them with the pepper and browned them while they were still frozen in the middle. They still got too dry. Maybe, in hindsite, I should have made the rest and cooked it for 4 hours and then added to chicken and finished cooking until the potatoes got done.