This all-in-one entree is great to make when your afternoon is going to be busy. The veggies and a little onion soup mix give the broth lots of flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer the green beans, potatoes, mushrooms and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. Top with chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Beans and Potatoes in Taste of Home Slow Cooker 2010 2011, p157
Reviews for Chicken with Beans and Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review