Chicken with Asian Stuffing Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/4 cups butter, divided
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 10 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 8 chicken leg quarters
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in 1 cup butter until tender. Add bacon, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread cubes, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Place the chicken in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Melt the remaining butter; brush over chicken. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Bake the stuffing alongside for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 688 calories, 47g fat (23g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 881mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Asian Stuffing
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.