Chicken with Artichokes Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1. Combine salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook onion and garlic in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in wine and chicken broth, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Add chicken. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- 3. Add artichokes to pan. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 230 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken with Artichokes
"This was great! Absolutely loved it!"
"I thought it was a little bland. Also, maybe serve over rice? I think it needs something else added to jazz it up."
"Very simple recipe, I will definately be making it again, embellishing some, maybe adding mushrooms and/or olives. My family didn't care for the wine flavor though so next time I will just use the chicken broth. But all in all a wonderfully quick and easy meal. I cut the breasts in half thickness wise and it made it go further and cook quicker."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.