- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt if desired and pepper; add chicken and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the shrimp, artichokes, tomato and garlic to the skillet; cook for 4 minutes. Add the broth, basil, parsley and butter; heat through. Pour over chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken with Artichokes and Shrimp
"This is a keeper and I will definitely be using this recipe frequently for our family of five. (I tripled the recipe.) One of our kids looked skeptical about the artichokes, but he ended up going back for more. The flavors blend beautifully. The only thing I changed was to use organic chicken broth and then less salt instead of the reduced sodium. Delicious!"