Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the chicken in oil over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. Combine the apple juice, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid in skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without rice)equals 353 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.