- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken in oil over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. Combine the apple juice, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid in skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce
"This was just marginal okay. From the reviews I thought this was going to be better. No offense intended, but this was really blah."
"I have made this many times over the past several years. It is absolutely delicious!"
"Great texture and easy to make! A bit bland in spices...I just threw a bit more salt and pepper in!"
"The best chiken breast recipe ever"
"Quick easy, a nice sweet sauce to it thanks to the apple juice. The whole family liked it."
"This was a very quick recipe to prepare. The apple cream sauce was slightly sweet but nicely flavored. This was a nice recipe considering how quickly it can be made."
"This was wonderful. so rich and delcious."
"This is delicious and very easy to make. A novice can serve a 5 star dish now. I served it with butter sauteed apples. Yum!"