Chicken Wings with Spicy Apricot Sauce Recipe
Everyone gobbles these up at Christmas potlucks! My mother gave me the recipe for this anytime appetizer with its flavorful sweet-and-sour sauce.
- 3 dozen whole chicken wings
- 1-1/2 cups cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup (3 ounces) dried apricots
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine cornstarch, baking powder, salt, pepper and sugar. Dip chicken pieces in eggs, then coat generously with cornstarch mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for about 9 minutes or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine apricots and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until apricots are tender.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor. Add the sugar, vinegar, honey and cayenne; process on high until smooth. Cool slightly. Serve with chicken wings. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chicken Wings with Spicy Apricot Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p20
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Wings with Spicy Apricot Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Buffalo Wings >
- Buffalo Wings Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Wings >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Condiments >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Wings >