Chicken Wings Fricassee Recipe
- 12 chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a resealable plastic bag or shallow bowl, combine flour, seasoned salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add wings; toss to coat evenly. In a large skillet, brown wings on all sides in oil. Add onions and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in water, salt and remaining pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
9 each: 477 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1062mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein .
Reviews for Chicken Wings Fricassee
"These were fabulous. Everyone raved about them."
"I substituted chicken hindquarters for the wings to make a real he-man main dish. We all loved it. A definite keeper."
"We have a very similar recipe here in PR but insted of water we use winw or beer.Even the name is the same-pollo en fricase-"
"I loved this recipe. It seems like it would be too plain, but it has so much flavor."