Chicken Wings Fricassee Recipe
- 12 chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a resealable plastic bag or shallow bowl, combine flour, seasoned salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add wings; toss to coat evenly. In a large skillet, brown wings on all sides in oil. Add onions and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in water, salt and remaining pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
9 each: 477 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1062mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Wings Fricassee
"These were fabulous. Everyone raved about them."
"I substituted chicken hindquarters for the wings to make a real he-man main dish. We all loved it. A definite keeper."
"We have a very similar recipe here in PR but insted of water we use winw or beer.Even the name is the same-pollo en fricase-"
"I loved this recipe. It seems like it would be too plain, but it has so much flavor."