Chicken Wings Fricassee
"This comforting, old-fashioned dish with flavorful gravy uses inexpensive chicken wings for an impressive dinner," writes Sundra Lewis from Bogalusa, Louisiana. "It usually prompts compliments-and second helpings."
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 12 chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a
- resealable plastic bag or shallow bowl, combine flour, seasoned salt
- and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add wings; toss to coat evenly. In a large
- skillet, brown wings on all sides in oil. Add onions and garlic;
- cook until tender. Stir in water, salt and remaining pepper; mix
- well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35
- minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (9 each) equals 477 calories, 32 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,062 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.