Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In Dutch oven, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in soup and wine. Add rice and chicken; heat through. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Soup(61)
Sort By :
Super good! Excellent comfort food:)
Excellent recipe! I made it with some modifications based upon personal preference and what was on hand at the time (1 quart chicken broth, 4 cups H2O plus 4 tsp. Better than Bouillon, no mushrooms, 1/2 cup celery, 1/2 shredded carrots, 1/2 cup onions, 1/4 tsp. garlic pepper mix, 2 T canola butter, no wine, can of cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom soup and used corn starch as a thickener versus flour. My husband had never had wild rice before, and absolutely loved it!
Followed recipe and soup turned out great. Takes some prep time but well worth it. 10 minutes, I don't think so. Anyway this is now going to be a regular at our house.
I made this exactly as called for by the recipe and it was excellent! Passed the test even with my Granddaughter who doesn't like much of anything!!
This is SO good!