Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In Dutch oven, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in soup and wine. Add rice and chicken; heat through. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Sort By :
"Great taste; made as noted. Very hearty soup--plenty of chicken! (I just boiled two boneless, skinless chicken breasts.). Will continue to make this soup, which consistently gets rave reviews."
"This soup is awesome!!! Using some of the chicken broth from boiling the chicken worked perfectly too!! It's hearty and tastes wonderful!"
"I have made this and everyone that taste this love it!"
"This is my favorite soup recipe of all time! When I make it I'm happy to eat it two meals a day for a week. I don't like to share it. It's mine...all mine. Hearty, filling and low calorie. What more could you want. I give it 5 stars and two thumbs up!"