I stir together my chicken-and-rice cream soup whenever we’re craving something warm and comforting. Reduced-fat and reduced-sodium ingredients make it a healthier option.—Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
Featured In: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, mix the first eight ingredients until blended. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until rice is tender.
- Stir in chicken and spinach. Cook, covered, on low 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Chicken Wild Rice Soup with Spinach in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Soup with Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review